Aloha from Tim’s Printables, the greatest spot on the web for free PDF printables and creative resources. Today’s freebie download is a printable ruler with inches. Stop scouring the workplace for a ruler, and print one instead. And do you realize that a paper ruler actually has a significant benefit over a metal ruler? A metal ruler can’t bend, making it hard to measure odd surfaces. A printable ruler can! For your convenience, I’ve provided 2 versions of my printable ruler with inches – a color one, and a black and white one. Choose whichever one you prefer. Both have been saved as PDFs. In your print setting, be sure to keep “Scale to Fit” off. This will assure that your ruler prints in the correct size.
About the United States Customary Units
Here’s some useful facts about the United States System of Measurement:
1. The US System of units is derived from English units, as system that has its roots in Roman and Anglo-Saxon units.
2. Only the United States, Liberia, and Burma use the United States Customary units.
3. The basic units of measurement in the USA are the inch, foot, yard and mile.
4. One inch = 2.54 centimeters (cm)
5. One centimeter = 0.393701 inch (in.)
6. One foot = 12 inches
7. One yard = 3 feet (36 inches)
8. One mile = 5,280 feet (1760 yards, 63360 inches)
9. The circumference of the Earth at the equator is about 24,901 miles.
10. While the American Customary units are used in the household, the metric system is widely used in the areas of science, military, and industry.