Welcome to Tim’s Printables, your go-to place for useful freebie printables and PDF downloads. On this page, I’m providing you with a printable inch ruler. Need a ruler but don’t want to spend time driving to the store? This download will remedy the problem. Better still, this printable inch ruler can be bent and used to measure curved surfaces just like a tape measure. So in that regard, a paper ruler is actually superior to a regular metal one. I’ve created the printable inch ruler in both color and black and white. Download whichever one will best suit your needs. Both come in PDF format. Be sure to uncheck “Scale to Fit” in your printer settings before pressing print, to prevent your ruler from printing out the wrong size.
Free Printable Inch Ruler
About the United States Customary Units
Here’s some useful facts about the United States System of Measurement:
1. The US System of units is derived from English units, as system that has its roots in Roman and Anglo-Saxon units.
2. Only the United States, Liberia, and Burma use the United States Customary units.
3. The basic units of measurement in the USA are the inch, foot, yard and mile.
4. One inch = 2.54 centimeters (cm)
5. One centimeter = 0.393701 inch (in.)
6. One foot = 12 inches
7. One yard = 3 feet (36 inches)
8. One mile = 5,280 feet (1760 yards, 63360 inches)
9. The circumference of the Earth at the equator is about 24,901 miles.
10. While the American Customary units are used in the household, the metric system is widely used in the areas of science, military, and industry.