Tim’s Printables, the best website for free printable goodies, including PDF worksheets, useful tools, and creative crafts. A new addition has arrived to our ever-growing library of resources: a printable 6-inch ruler. When laminated, this little ruler will be useful tool to have on hand for school, work, and at home. And a cool feature of this printable 6-inch ruler is its ability to bend, something a sturdy plastic ruler can’t do. The printable 6-inch ruler comes in either color or black and white. Pick the one you like better. They have been exported as PDFs for your convenience. When you print dialog box opens, remember to deselect “Scale to Fit.” If you forget to do this, you ruler may print out too big.
About the United States Customary Units
Here’s some useful facts about the United States System of Measurement:
1. The US System of units is derived from English units, as system that has its roots in Roman and Anglo-Saxon units.
2. Only the United States, Liberia, and Burma use the United States Customary units.
3. The basic units of measurement in the USA are the inch, foot, yard and mile.
4. One inch = 2.54 centimeters (cm)
5. One centimeter = 0.393701 inch (in.)
6. One foot = 12 inches
7. One yard = 3 feet (36 inches)
8. One mile = 5,280 feet (1760 yards, 63360 inches)
9. The circumference of the Earth at the equator is about 24,901 miles.
10. While the American Customary units are used in the household, the metric system is widely used in the areas of science, military, and industry.