Hi there, and thanks for visiting my website, Tim’s Printables. Here you’ll find all the free printables you need for your creative projects and school assignments. A new printable has arrived, friends, the printable 12-inch ruler. This printable is a must-have for the forgetful artist. Now if you lose your ruler, now worries. Just print another one. And of course since this ruler is made from paper, it has the ability to bend and measure surfaces that have curves, which would be difficult to do with a rigid metal ruler. This printable 12-inch ruler can be downloaded in black and white or color. Grab the one that works for you. I’ve saved them as PDF files, since most people are familiar with that format. To make sure your ruler prints in the correct size, make sure that the “Scale to Fit” option in your print settings is unchecked.
About the United States Customary Units
Here’s some useful facts about the United States System of Measurement:
1. The US System of units is derived from English units, as system that has its roots in Roman and Anglo-Saxon units.
2. Only the United States, Liberia, and Burma use the United States Customary units.
3. The basic units of measurement in the USA are the inch, foot, yard and mile.
4. One inch = 2.54 centimeters (cm)
5. One centimeter = 0.393701 inch (in.)
6. One foot = 12 inches
7. One yard = 3 feet (36 inches)
8. One mile = 5,280 feet (1760 yards, 63360 inches)
9. The circumference of the Earth at the equator is about 24,901 miles.
10. While the American Customary units are used in the household, the metric system is widely used in the areas of science, military, and industry.