First Grade Writing Prompts PDF
Print a PDF worksheet containing 20 first grade writing prompts. I created this freebie handout to help language arts teachers, parents and students. Some of the writing prompts are creative, simple and fun, while others are meaningful and will require kids to think in order to come up with their response.
To download the first grade writing prompts worksheet, click the PDF thumbnail below. You can also read the writing prompts online further down the page.
First Grade Writing Prompts – PDF
First Grade Writing Prompts List
- What is your earliest memory?
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- Imagine you are building a spaceship to travel to the moon. What does it look like?
- Imagine you are an inventor. What will you invent? How will you build it?
- If you were given one super power, what would it be? What would you use this super power for?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live? Why?
- Describe one thing you are thankful for.
- What would your life be like if your were born one hundred years ago?
- What would you do if you had a million dollars?
- Describe your favorite sport and why you like it.
- Pretend you are a daring explorer. Where will you travel to? What will you see?
- How are you similar to your parents? How are you different?
- Describe one thing that makes you unique.
- Imagine you wake up one morning and discover that you have been turned into a tyrannosaurus rex. What will you do?
- What are three numbers that you like? How do these numbers relate to one another?
- What is your favorite color? You least favorite color?
- Describe a job you would not like to have.
- What is your favorite subject in school? Why do you like this subject?
- Describe what your life would be like if you were 10 feet tall.
- What is your favorite fairy tale? Write what happens in this story.
« Writing Prompts for Kids 2nd Grade Writing Prompts PDF