Dynamic Character Examples
A dynamic character is a character that shows a large degree of personal development through the course of the story. Below you’ll find some examples of dynamic characters from famous movies and books.
Examples of Successful Dynamic Characters
- Rick Blaine – Casablanca – From cynical, war-neutral casino owner to passionate selfless freedom fighter.
- Disney’s Aladdin – Aladdin – From thieving street rat to dishonest prince to honest hero.
- Rorschach – Watchmen – From unstable but sane crime fighter to uncompromising sociopath.
- Dr. Manhattan – Watchmen -From mortal average physicist to omniscient demigod.
- Bilbo Baggins – The Hobbit – From hobbit homebody to adventurous brave hero.
- Harry Potter – Harry Potter Books – From skinny orphaned child to mature world-saving wizard adult.
- Batman – Batman Begins – From orphaned billionaire to cowl donning merciless dark knight.
- Jean Valjean – Les Miserables – From ex-convict outcast to saintly mayor to beloved father to revolutionary hero.
- Edmund Dantes – The Count of Monte Cristo – From peasant ship captain to tormented prisoner to wealthy revenge-seeking count.
- Buzz Lightyear – Toy Story – From delusional hero to flightless self-accepting action figure.
- Michael Corleone – The Godfather – From optimistic war hero to ruthless mafia don.
- Darth Vader – Star Wars Episode VI – From dark villain to redeemed father.
- Maximus – Gladiator – From patriotic Roman general to Colosseum gladiator to savior of Rome.
- The Joker – Batman: The Killing Joke – From downtrodden comedian to insane brutal murderous clown.
« Examples of Static VS Dynamic Characters Venn Diagram Template for Kids – Worksheets for Kids