This webpage contains a 7th grade writing prompts PDF worksheet, useful for 7th grade students, language arts teachers, homeschooling parents, and creative writers. The writing prompt sheet has 20 questions / writing topics to work from. The topics presented in these writing prompts vary, and range from creative questions that require imaginative solutions, to meaningful questions that will ask students to reflect on their own beliefs and perspectives.
To download the PDF version, please click the thumbnail image below. You can also read online further down the page.
7th Grade Writing Prompts List
- Describe some of your life goals.
- Write a mythological explanation for why the sky is blue.
- Write a fictional explanation for why the earth is actually flat instead of round.
- Write a mythological explanation for why the sun rises every morning.
- What would you do with your time if you had a billion dollars?
- If it were possible, would you choose to be immortal? Why or why not?
- Why is truth important?
- Please explain the meaning of life in 140 characters or less.
- Describe one thing you can do today that will help you succeed tomorrow.
- Describe something you want to accomplish in your life. List the necessary steps needed in order to accomplish this.
- What does it mean to be successful?
- Is it better to be a big fish in a small pond, or a small fish in a big pond? Why?
- Write a persuasive argument why ostriches are better than koala bears, or vice versa.
- When is it important to lead, when is it important to follow?
- What would you do if you discovered you could control time?
- Is fighting crime as a super hero an effective way to improve the world? Why or why not?
- Describe an unusual but legal way to earn money.
- Describe one thing you have learned this week.
- Are some ideals worth dying for?
- How did books change the world?