2nd Grade Writing Prompts PDF
In this section of Tim’s Language Arts Printables you will find a free PDF worksheet containing twenty 2nd grade writing prompts. The purpose of these writing prompts is to bring out creativity in young writers and students. Hopefully this list of writing prompts will also save language arts teachers some time. Enjoy answering these writing topics!
To download the PDF version, click the thumbnail below. You also read the writing prompts by scrolling down the page.
2nd Grade Writing Prompts – PDF
2nd Grade Writing Prompts List
- All the animals have escaped from the zoo. Now lions are roaming the streets, while elephants trample cars, and monkeys swing from street lights. You are bicycling home from the grocery store with a large bag of groceries, and a tiger charges across the zebra path in your direction…
- Some days are stranger than others. Today was the strangest of all, because gravity stopped working…
- If you were granted one super power, what would it be? How would you use it, and what would be the consequences of this power?
- Describe an accomplishment you are very proud of.
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live? Why?
- You walk into a cave. There you find a magic lamp, containing a genie who will grant you one wish. What do you wish for?
- What is your favorite hobby? Describe why you enjoy this activity.
- You are a mad scientist creating a new monster. Describe the creature you are building in your lab.
- What do you like about yourself?
- Summer vacation has arrived! Our plane has landed in Hawaii, our bags are in the hotel. Mom and my sister Sarah are going to the shell store. My brother Tommy and Dad are building a sand castle, and I am going for a swim in the ocean. I dive in, swim a few strokes, and discover that I can breath underwater…
- One day I woke up and looked out the window. To my surprise, I saw that my house was floating high up in the sky…
- Deep in the forest lived a very old bear with magical powers that allowed the bear to…
- It was the greatest tree fort in the world…
- One evening after dinner, a wizard came to our door. He waved his wand, cast a spell, and turned my dad into a…
- If you could only eat one type of food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- Describe one thing you are thankful for.
- Describe your favorite afternoon snack.
- Write a conversation two dogs would have if dogs could talk.
- It was the worst birthday ever…
- Why does Santa Claus live on the North Pole?
« First Grade Writing Prompts PDF 3rd Grade Writing Prompts PDF